Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Usual? I

Phew, I need to update more often! Instead of making one giant, long-winded post, I'm going to break things up into two posts.

Post the first: Raiding!



My guildmates and I finally ventured back into Ulduar on Wednesday, and I have to tell you, it feels really good to actually be working on progression again. I am getting kind of sick of Naxx, admittedly, and I really don't want Adaptation to get stuck in the same 10-man for an entire expansion like Semper Invictus did.

We downed Flame Leviathan with little trouble. I still love that fight, even if I go splat an awful lot! GET TO DA CHOPPA!



Our second order of business was to tackle the XT-002 Deconstructor. The boss's voice is one of the best in the game, in my opinion. He has a spot in my heart right up there with Talon -King Ikiss. [TRINKETSSSSss, pretty trinkets! CA-CAWWWWW!]



We haven't downed him yet, but we had a few very close attempts. One at 11% and two at 4%, I believe. [Correct me if I'm wrong, guys!] We had issues with the adds, and my most favourite MT in the whole wide world Wakizashi was getting his butt handed to him, basically! We changed a few things around that seemed to work better, such as me tanking the elite adds in tank gear but my Unholy DPS spec, which worked out quite well for the most part, in that I was able to actually kill them on my own. That was good, because it let our DPS focus on the boss the whole time, mostly. I'm sure if we pull ourselves together we'll down him in no time, then it's off to Iron Council + Kologarn, and then we take over the world! Okay, maybe not that last part.

Last night, we headed into Naxx, since we kind of switched scheduling that with Ulduar. It went pretty well, all things considered. I have to say I never realized exactly how much I relied on Deadly Boss Mods. It makes life SO much easier when raiding, especially tanking. [Although I honestly can't even fathom healers running a boss like Loatheb without DBM, either.] Since my MT Waki was not present, we pulled another guildie still fairly new to raiding along with us, and he apparently does not run any mods. It was a learning experience for me too, since I had to figure out how to explain fights to him without referring to DBM. Hahahaha. He did well, though. [Especially when I kept dying on freaking Anub'rekhan, but let's not talk about that any more.]

I think tonight we're going to try to finish up Naxx, provided everyone is online. Our old [literally] GM, Ziri, is back from her hiatus too so she hasn't even seen the end of Naxx. She doesn't know what she's in for! If only we had a frost mage so we could make her go splat on Sapphiron.

Here is a bonus picture of my husband posing with his repair bot + Lil' Smokey. You can see dead Grobbulus in the background. [Also it kind of looks like his pet is named Lil' Snooky. Aww!]

1 comment:

  1. TBH I don't use the DBM timers on loatheb when I heal, I just watch my debuff. :D

    ReplyDelete