Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Usual? II

Post the second: Alts!

I've been playing my warrior and paladin pretty steadily, and while I'm letting them re-collect some rested experience, I've been levelling some of their professions - both main and secondary skills.



Clive, my warrior, has just recently dropped mining for enchanting, so I can stop trying to make Wakizashi's priest my DE slave. I then remembered what a pain in the ass it was to level enchanting, so it's collecting dust until I have the money to powerlevel it.

Instead, I decided at least ONE of my Horde characters should have high-level cooking, and he ended up being it.



So when I picked up this breadcrumbs quest sending me off to get Artisan cooking, I laughed pretty hard at the text. Exactly which part of him is fat? That troll lady is the leading cause of anorexia in Durotar youth.



My paladin, Cadmus, has made his way to Northrend finally. But not before I killed this rare mob in Nagrand. I was kind of confused to find that he was not part of the achievement Bloody Rare. I wonder why that is? I guess Blizzard probably just forgot about him. Poor Bro'Gaz.



A second odd achievement-related thing I noticed on my paladin, as well, pictured above - though this is MUCH stranger than a rare mob missing from a list. I spoke in a previous post about a guildie getting the PVP Damage Control achievement in Ulduar. I figured it had something to do with the vehicular combat, but nope! As you can see I earned the same achievement... grinding on vrykul in the Howling Fjord. Um, okay? /boggle

I then proceeded to drop somewhere from 1200-1500g powerlevelling my pally's damned blacksmithing. He can almost mine Saronite, but he was still stuck at Mithril + Thorium in his smithing, even with some materials I had saved. I took care of that, though, and now he's all caught up to recipes that require Cobalt to make, so now I can relax and level it casually. You know, until he's still stuck at Cobalt or Saronite at 80 and I spaz out and do the same thing again.



Friday night, Cadmus earned his wings when I hit 70 with him! That means that I've levelled every class in WoW to 70+ now, except for a warrior. But Clive's next!

This was with big help from my friend Bruzin, on his hunter Bulmastif. [The same one who helped me on my Charger quest in Stratholme.] I got about half of level 70 doing all of the group quests with him in Nagrand.

When we finished Ring of Blood, Cadmus exclaimed: "Ha ha ha! Woo!" and Bruzin responded: "Wow, he is so gay."

Yes, yes he is. In fact, Cadmus has developed a huge crush on Lou the Cabin Boy, and I daresay it's from spending so much time with Bulmastif that he's acquired a taste for Tauren men.



Ahh... Lovebirds.

[Cadmus would add that Lou looks fabulous in his leather panties. And that closets are for clothes. Really fabulous clothes.]

No comments:

Post a Comment