Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The ups and downs of PUGs

Pick-up groups, or PUGs as they are more commonly referred to as, seem to have more downsides than upsides.

Fortunately, being in a great guild like my own, my PUG experiences are usually minimal. But therein lies the problem! My guild's faction is the Alliance, and the most recent toon I've been investing time into is my little Forsaken warrior - Horde side, obviously.

So, I've been in a whole lot of pick-up groups lately, from Hellfire Ramparts to Mana Tombs. And, honestly, up until today, they've been awesome!

Sure there were wipes and the usual "whos tank lol," but we actually completed the instances, and I added some people I'd definitely group with again in the future to my friends list.

Today was the opposite. We were three pulls into Mana Tombs, and our group apparently could not decide who the tank was. We didn't even make it to the first boss, and tempers flared. I was fine up until the warlock said something about people with DK mains being "failures" and how they were "lazy." Of course it would get to me, being that my main is my Death Knight! And I invested a lot of time into her! Argh!! And -- hey wait, hold on a second. When exactly did I stop having fun here?

So, I came to the conclusion it was time to let my little warrior build up some rested experience again, so I can stop taking everything so seriously! Phew!

And my advice to you reading this is, if you find yourself getting too wound up with WoW, take a deep breath, take a step back, and take a break if you need to. It's a hobby. Those are meant to be fun, right?

[Oh, and, yes - ranting always helps me feel better too. Just an idea!!]

No comments:

Post a Comment