Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Introduction

Welcome to Ghoul Drool! I intend to update this blog mainly about my exploits on both my Death Knight and Warlock - my "mains" if you will, in World of Warcraft.

But, as with most things, it's best to start at the beginning!

My name is Rachel, but from here on out I'll go by Snooky. That's my Death Knight's name. It just sounded cute, no hidden meanings - and well, female gnomes are pretty adorable as a general rule.
I'm twenty-one, and I started playing WoW some three years ago, I think? Just before Burning Crusade launched. A friend of mine let me use his account, and I rolled a Night Elf hunter - as many noobs do - on Silvermoon. Eventually, I got my own account, and rerolled as a Human warlock named Manatee. I made some friends ingame, joined a guild. Silvermoon was a crowded server, with huge queues when you tried to log in at peak hours. The whole guild hated this, so we all collectively transferred to [then] new US PvE server, Arathor, when the free transfers were available.

Given my late start, I didn't have much time to experience real "old world" endgame raiding the way it was intended, with forty guildmates yelling all at once on vent. Instead, I just went on levelling to 70, until one day [skipping some details and patches here], I wound up with a new bunch of friends, in a 10-man raiding guild. I loved it! We did Karazhan a lot. A LOT. And eventually, Zul'Aman.

When the guild finally disbanded just before Wrath's launch, I followed the "core" group to a new guild, Adaptation, where we made the grind to 80 together with still more new friendly faces. This is where we are, to this day. I'm still running 10-mans [I love the changes Blizzard made to raiding!] I'm having a blast.

And I suppose that brings us to now! Rather than clutter up my "personal" blog with WoW adventures, I decided to try my hand at a completely separate, WoW-only blog. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment