Monday, May 18, 2009

Charge!

I did it, I did it! I got my little Blood Elf Paladin, Cadmus, to level 60, AND got him his Thalassian Charger.

But let me tell you, this was no small task.

The Horde version of the Paladin epic mount quest is a lot easier than the Alliance version, or at least less time-consuming. You pay some gold, buy some things from a vendor/AH, kill some Scourge, steal some holy water, and then it's one quick trip to Stratholme, and you're done.

At least, in theory.

I did the goldsink part of the quest no problem, as well as the Scourge slaughtering. Once I got to the next part though, something silly happened.

The object of this step of the chain was to head into Tyr's Hand and procure a sample of the Scarlet Crusade's holy water from their abbey. I had no one to help me [at first], but it was still straightforward enough to me. What I planned to do was run into the abbey, die where my quest item was, corpse run back, ressurect, pop my bubble, loot the item, run out to a safe spot, die AGAIN, run back, res, and then hearth out of there. A bit long-winded, but a very straightforward plan. No real kinks to work out, right? WRONG.

It all went well up to the part where I died and released my spirit. Where I was transported to looked all too familiar, but not exactly because I had been there moments ago...

You see, I was transported to the Death Knights' phased version of Tyr's Hand / the Scarlet Enclave.



Let me re-iterate: I was on my PALADIN.

I res'd at the spirit healer and tried to hearth out. I recieved a warning message saying "You can't leave here until you've escaped the Lich King's grasp!" Uhh... Okay. So, I sent in a ticket, and waited.




In the meantime, I headed up to Acherus to socialize.

| |

I even managed to find my name in the Death Knight roster. Wow, I hadn't realized Arthas had planned so far ahead. Was he keeping names of every paladin around in there, just in case he might run into them and Scourge them up?



Eventually, I got in touch with a GM, and they were kind of unhelpful. He ported me back to UC. I said thanks, but, wasn't this just going to happen again if I went back to Tyr's Hand and died a second time? He said "yes," and his advice to me was: "You know, you can buy the mount off the paladin trainer at 61 now. You don't need to do the quest."

Umm, thanks? I know that. Some of us like to do things the fun way, or the hard way, depending on which way you look at it. I'm also planning on doing the epic flight form quest for my druid...

But I digress.

My husband ended up helping me with his Alliance hunter to clear me a path to my quest item, as well as a level 80 BE Pally who happened to be there when I returned.

Then I just waited until I got a hold of a friend of mine, and he took me to Stratholme where we kicked the crap out of some Silver Hand after I burned down their church.



[OK, so this is what the instance was really mostly like... He killed most of the things and I just sat there and drank mana juice, QQ.]

All the stress ended up being worth it. I got a shiny new tabard:



AND, of course, most IMPORTANTLYYYY, my Charger!!



YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment