Sunday, May 10, 2009

Yay raiding!

I love raiding. More specifically, I love raiding with my guild. Even when it's a wipefest on progression attempts, we still manage to have fun.

Tonight, we finished up in Naxxramas, and had a very good run, at that. We one-shot every boss except Gluth, which was only because our designated zombie-kiter died early in the first attempt. It happens!

The person in question doing the kiting was my husband, who plays a hunter called Biggun. He gets a little frustrated when he's having trouble keeping the zombies together, but it proved to be worth it for him. When we finally got to and downed Kel'Thuzad, his [Nerubian Conqueror] dropped, something he's been coveting basically since we started running Naxx. So, grats to him!

Since our raiding night ended a little earlier than scheduled, what with us trucking along so nicely and all, we decided to head into Ulduar for our second-ever time and try it out. This time, we downed Flame Leviathan without a single wipe, even on trash. Pretty cool, considering we all kind of run around like chickens with our heads cut off during that encounter.

One of the best parts of being a tank, imo... We get designated to the choppers.




OMG, Snooky! Put your helmet on!




Much better.

Also, a friend/guildie of mine got a really weird achievement mid-instance:



Umm, okay. I have heard of that happening in Ulduar though, so I wonder if it's just because it's connected to the siege vehicles? Probably.

We did make a couple of attempts at Ignis, but it was a bit too chaotic for us at that point. Still having issues with trash, and I need to work on kiting the adds better. Once they turned molten, they just ran away from me! Lrn2threatpersecond, offtank.



[Yeah, that little speck helping to lead the charge is my gnomish self.]

All in all though it was a really good night. I'm so proud of my guild, we've come so far together! Here's to more epic loots, you guys. You rock!

2 comments:

  1. The ONLY time Gluth went well was when Biggun and I both were there to kite. Other than that it is a complete PAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think as long as we've got heals on you guys it's okay. I know your distracting shot and traps have cooldowns that seem a lot longer in a stressful encounter like that. :C It would be a lot easier if we had a frost mage doing it themselves! WTB mages

    ReplyDelete