Friday, May 1, 2009

Children's Week

Children's Week is upon us, and what that means for me is another group of achievements as part of the What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been meta, in pursuit of the Violet Proto-Drake.

I was very disappointed to learn that the gorloc and wolvar orphans did not make it past the PTR. They are easily one of my favourite parts of the last expansion, and I was looking forward to having one of either race follow me around outside of Sholazar! Oh well, maybe next year.

Back on the meta: Like a lot of players, I was a little worried about the "School of Hard Knocks" achievement that required you to do a bunch of things in each pre-Wrath battleground that were honestly difficult for most classes to do on a regular pvp day, nevermind during a world-event where eleventy billion people would be fighting against their own team just to get a certain thing accomplished.

But, my worry turned out to be for naught. I actually managed to get it done within an hour, although I will admit the Alterac tower cap was basically dumb luck on my part. My team and the Horde's team were busy killing each other at Frostwolf, and I managed to slip by and assault one of the towers... just before getting steamrolled by a bunch of Death Knights.



Woot!

Afterwards, I parked my main and hopped on my shaman to go do the Outland orphan quests.

Mostly because I missed adorable moments like this one:



[Dornaa and her brother Jheel, reunited at Aeris Landing, Nagrand.]



I love world events so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment